[LinuxBIOS] V3 fallback, failover, and the normal boot flag.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Jul 18 13:15:50 CEST 2007

* Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> [070718 12:43]:
> Hm. Can we abuse ACPI to do that? Like accessing SystemCMOS from a
> _INI function?

Possibly. But ACPI is running very early in the game. Where would we
hook it up?

This would also establish ACPI as a pretty hard requirement. There
should be an alternative, too.

Using ACPI here would be nicely transparent though, hiding firmware
specifics in the firmware code. I like that approach.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613