[LinuxBIOS] DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR superiotool & lspci.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 06:11:52 CET 2007

Intel MultiProcessor Specification v1.4
   Virtual Wire compatibility mode.
SMP mptable: bad signature [TEST]!
BIOS bug, MP table errors detected!...
... disabling SMP support. (tell your hw vendor)

And there is your problem. You don't need to worry about IRQ tables
ever again. We have to fix the MP table. Until you fix the MP table,
you will get the oops on the drivers. They're failing as the IRQ setup
is failing.

No amount of fiddling with the IRQ tables is really going to help. We
have to get the MP tables fixed. If you focus your efforts there, I
think you will be ok.

I followed some of the IRC traffic. Don't worry about your vendor
strings, they are probably not your problem.

Try to enable all the debug prints you can in-kernel that relate to
APIC (NOT ACPI-- APIC). see arch/i386/pci/acpi.c I believe.

Thanks for this output, it got me less confused :-)

ron