[LinuxBIOS] v3: convert stage2 to multi-segment LAR

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Nov 27 17:46:05 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 09:44:18AM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> For the filename, we could figure out a good way to add it to the
> .comment section of the ELF - that could open up a new world of
> passing information to LAR via the .o without the command line.
> Or am I super double guilty for invoking black magic?

FILO explicitly gets rid of all ELF notes during build, except the
name/version for elfboot, with a reference to gcc producing many junk
notes.

Another thought:

While it's probably quite possible to send stuff from .c to larball -
is this really something we want to do?

Should non-code information in .c really have to be in the larball?

Or, put a bit differently, should the file in the larball really need
to have information from a .c that is not code?

//Peter