[LinuxBIOS] Normal vs. fallback images and CMOS

Jonathan Sturges jonathansturges at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 18:04:01 CEST 2007

Question.  If an embedded board has no battery backup, it should have no (usable) CMOS.  Therefore, is a "Normal" image required on such a system?  My understanding is that CMOS settings are required to force the Fallback image to boot, except in cases of an missing or corrupt Normal image.
I'm thinking I can pack in a bigger LB payload, if there's only need for one image.  Are there any considerations I'm missing?

Thanks,
Jonathan