[LinuxBIOS] Advantech 582x

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 17 01:26:49 CEST 2007

Hello!
Actually in answer to your questions concerning such things as a null modem
cable, that one is a yes. The other problem is that this machine a Dell
GX150 is that he's an Intel job that is he's wearing both a native P3 and an
Intel branded chipset, it’s the I810 series.

Now it's my understanding that the Intel ones are still hands off until the
company decides to play fair with us. That is I believe the datasheets are
available to any developer who's writing ordinary programs, but the
initialization routines for BIOS developers, now that's a different story.
Probably granted only under an NDA. Ron, did Intel ever want to really
cooperate with the group? Or were they always this grouchy regarding the
whole idea?

Anyway Uwe this machine is my primary Linux development station. I only ran
the commands to see what they would return. Besides, for what I am planning
regarding this list's work it would be probably a Geode based system. Such
as the Advantech based gizmo that started this thread.

Good suggestions though.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"The Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi