[LinuxBIOS] Grand flash chip challenge

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Oct 23 13:49:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

during my flash chip usage research I found a few chips which are not
yet supported by flashrom. Unfortunately, I have neither data sheets nor
part numbers for most of them. Here's the challenge: Find the data sheet
and part number for the following chips:

* Vendor CATALYST with vendor ID 0x31, part ID 0x96 (probably 3 MBit)
* Vendor ST with vendor ID 0x20, part ID 0x2c (probably 4 MBit)
* Vendor WINBOND with vendor ID 0xda, part ID 0xb0 (probably 8 MBit)

However, it is possible that the CATALYST and WINBOND chips do not exist
and flashrom produced garbage in a very consistent way.

Have fun!
Carl-Daniel