[LinuxBIOS] Grand flash chip challenge

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 19:08:03 CEST 2007

2007/10/23, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>:

> * Vendor CATALYST with vendor ID 0x31, part ID 0x96 (probably 3 MBit)
> * Vendor ST with vendor ID 0x20, part ID 0x2c (probably 4 MBit)

M50FW040/3V (FWH), 512 Kbytes, page size 128 bytes, 8x64Kbyte sectors

> * Vendor WINBOND with vendor ID 0xda, part ID 0xb0 (probably 8 MBit)

W49V002(A)/3.3V (LPC), 256 kbytes.

All data gathered from Uniflash sources.

BTW why we still not import all data from this wonderful GPL'ed
utility? There are tons of information, and Uniflash greatly
surpassing flashrom in case of supported hardware.

> However, it is possible that the CATALYST and WINBOND chips do not exist
> and flashrom produced garbage in a very consistent way.
>
> Have fun!
> Carl-Daniel
>

> --

With best regards!