[LinuxBIOS] TSOP systems usable for LinuxBIOS?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Oct 27 19:53:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a 440MX system here (that's basically a 440BX + 82371EB in an
integrated part AFAIK), which was relatively popular in the past in
laptops and other embedded stuff.

It _looks_ like this has a TSOP (or similar) part (Fujitsu MBM29F400TC),
but I haven't yet opened the box (not sure if I will at all). With the
flashrom patch I just posted I'm able to read back the original BIOS
image. But how can I do useful development work here if this is really TSOP?
Does it _always_ mean the part is soldered-on btw?

I'm _not_ willing/able to get into soldering too much, so is there any
other possibility I can procede without bricking the box?

Thanks, Uwe.