[coreboot] Problems with newer revision

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Aug 4 17:12:02 CEST 2008

Hi Klaus,

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 04:07:29PM +0200, Klaus Stammermann wrote:
> I tried to use coreboot on VIA EPIA ME6000G. With revision 2184
> system starts but with newest revision there are some problems.

What problems?

> I know you can't test new revisions with all boards,

Actually there is infrastructure to do just that, but it's not super
easy to integrate with yet.

> but there where about 1300 new one. Does no one use this board or
> is there no development for ME6000G anymore?

I think both those statements are true. It's a rather old board. I
had an EPIA-MII, but the caps blew and I haven't been able to source
new ones easily enough.

> Some information would be nice to see what I am going to do on my
> project.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe it's
acceptable for you to keep using the old revision? If not you'll of
course have to rebase your local patch and help find the problem with
newer revs on the board. Could you send your changes to the mailing
list?

And - what if any output do you get from running newer revisions on
your board?

//Peter