[coreboot] patch: resource map proposal.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 4 20:11:39 CEST 2008

On 04.08.2008 19:56, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 07:50:32PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>>> a patch to apply on top of Ron's commit.
>> If I'm successful, I'll be undoing 50% of Ron's patch.
> That doesn't matter. This is early work in progress.
> Key word: progress

If something has to be rolled back, it's the opposite of progress.

>> -	pci_write_config32(a, b, c);
>> +	pci_cf8_conf1.write32(NULL, 0, a, b, c);
>> Can't we just use a macro for that stuff?
>> #define PCI_WRITE_CONFIG32_EARLY(a,b,c) pci_cf8_conf1.write32(NULL, 0, a, b, c);
> Sorry, I don't see the point. I expect pci_cf8_* to change at least
> once anyway. I think time is better spent elsewhere.

That's why I don't want it committed in the first place. The least
intrusive change would be the following #define at the beginning of each
affected C file:

> #define pci_write_config32(a,b,c) pci_cf8_conf1.write32(NULL, 0, a, b, c);

No other code changes needed. It reduces code churn and keeps the
familiar interface. With that change, I see no reason to hold the commit