[coreboot] patch: init gx cache earlier.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:07:08 CET 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 4:00 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Remember that we load stage 2 like a payload, so we'd have execution
> order stage 0,1,3,4,5,2,3,4,5,realpayload.

Not if the stage definition is in main. I realized some time ago that
arch/x86/stage1.c is misnamed (my fault) -- since it alls all the

It's really what we used to call hardwaremain, I wonder if we should
just call it coreboot main or something.

Marc, is it really possible to shadow bios if it is up in high memory?
Or do we have to shadow fxxxx addresses?

If we have to shadow fxxxx addresses, then we need to do something like this:

First C code calls stage1
shadow boot block to fxxxx
jump to entry point in fxxxx
stage 2 payload, run it