[coreboot] Fwd: mkelfImage
q-funk at iki.fi
Fri Feb 15 19:34:24 CET 2008
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk at iki.fi>
Date: Jul 19, 2007 7:59 PM
To: Eric Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com>, Joshua Aune <luken at lnxi.com>
Being in the process of packaging mkelfImage for Debian and Ubuntu, I
came across a few issues that definitely will prevent this software
from being accepted by the FTP Master.
Thankfully, most of them are easily fixed:
* News should be called ChangeLog and include the name of whoever made
* Each source file (c, h, S) must include proper copyright notice and
credits at the top.
* The build fails unless it is ./configure'd twice, because it misses
* Makefile.conf would preferably be replaced by more traditional
Makefile.am and Mafefile.in to really be portable.
* config.log and various other files that should be cleaned before
shipping were found in the archive for mkelfImage 2.7 on the lnxi FTP
* The filename of the archive should be all lowercase.
However, a more serious problem is that it fails to compile using
recent GCC and glibc6.
Would it be possible for this package to be updated keeping in mind
the above issues?
More information about the coreboot