[coreboot] Fwd: mkelfImage

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Feb 19 14:36:56 CET 2008

* Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk at iki.fi> [080215 19:34]:
>  Thankfully, most of them are easily fixed:
>
>  * News should be called ChangeLog and include the name of whoever made
>  each change.
>  * Each source file (c, h, S) must include proper copyright notice and
>  credits at the top.
>  * The build fails unless it is ./configure'd twice, because it misses
>  Makefile.conf.
>  * Makefile.conf would preferably be replaced by more traditional
>  Makefile.am and Mafefile.in to really be portable.
>  * config.log and various other files that should be cleaned before
>  shipping were found in the archive for mkelfImage 2.7 on the lnxi FTP
>  server.
>  * The filename of the archive should be all lowercase.

Is there a patch available for these issues? We pulled mkelfImage into
svn now, so we could fix it there.

>  However, a more serious problem is that it fails to compile using
>  recent GCC and glibc6.

any details? I had no problems compiling it with
GNU C Library stable release version 2.7 (20071106)
gcc version 4.3.0 20080131 (experimental) [trunk revision 131976] (SUSE Linux)

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613