[coreboot] VGA and Asus a8v-e_se

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Mar 2 22:34:37 CET 2008

Hi,

To fix the powernow add following after following line into dsdt.asl

Processor (\_PR.CPU1, 0x01, 0x000000, 0x00) {}

    Scope (\_PR.CPU0)
     {
         Name (_PCT, Package (0x02)
         {
             ResourceTemplate ()
             {
                 Register (FFixedHW,
                     0x00,               // Bit Width
                     0x00,               // Bit Offset
                     0x0000000000000000, // Address
                     ,)
             },

             ResourceTemplate ()
             {
                 Register (FFixedHW,
                     0x00,               // Bit Width
                     0x00,               // Bit Offset
                     0x0000000000000000, // Address
                     ,)
             }
         })
         Name (_PSS, Package (0x04)
         {
             Package (0x06)
             {
                 0x00000898,
                 0x00014D34,
                 0x00000064,
                 0x00000009,
                 0xE020298E,
                 0x0000018E
             },

             Package (0x06)
             {
                 0x000007D0,
                 0x00014438,
                 0x00000064,
                 0x00000009,
                 0xE0202A0C,
                 0x0000020C
             },

             Package (0x06)
             {
                 0x00000708,
                 0x00011300,
                 0x00000064,
                 0x00000009,
                 0xE0202A8A,
                 0x0000028A
             },

             Package (0x06)
             {
                 0x000003E8,
                 0x00008D04,
                 0x00000064,
                 0x00000009,
                 0xE0202C82,
                 0x00000482
             }
         })
         Name (_PPC, 0x00)
     }

Then just recompile Coreboot. I'm using the powernowd and it does work.

If possible could you send me the lspci -xxx when the coreboot is running too?
You may also try /LinuxBIOSv2/src/southbridge/via/k8t890/k8t890_pcie.c to edit
the init function:
static void peg_init(struct device *dev)

I think you can put return at the beginning of the function. There is a chance
that it will work without anything else. I think problem is in card reset.

I have in plan to cleanup the PCIe init a bit but frankly I dont know if the
reset is needed and even not sure about the link retrain.

Thanks,
Rudolf