[coreboot] Coreboot on Tyan S2892

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Nov 12 23:32:33 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 03:19:06PM -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
>      > In case this turns out to be a dead end, what does porting a driver
>      > to FILO involve?
>
>      It depends on the requirements of the driver, but hopefully it wont
>      be neccessary. Which kind of driver are we talking about? Storage or
>      filesystem?
>
>    Storage.  nvidia ck804 sata.

Ugly. No docs for that chipset. We've got known issues in coreboot on some
boards with that chipset - we have a Tyan s2891 where disk througput on ck804
sata is about half the speed it should be under coreboot, compared to the
factory bios.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator