[coreboot] LPCflasher Project

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Sat Nov 15 20:29:22 CET 2008

Anyone know if USB ports have power feedback protection. What I mean by
that is if I use the LPCflasher as a inline flasher with a PLCC32 socket
plug, flash the chip and then power up the motherboard, I don't want the
VCC's from the motherboard to short out the flasher and or the USB port
from the host PC. The 3.3V regulator I am using has a internal diode so I
am not so worried about that. I am just worried about the power source 5V
USB. I could always use a Schottky diode that will only drop the voltage by
.6V, but I don't know if 4.4V will suffice???

Any help would be appreciated.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org