[coreboot] Coreboot on Tyan S2892

Anose, Bijoy K (N-Aerotek) bijoy.k.anose at lmco.com
Wed Nov 19 22:12:04 CET 2008

I enabled the busybox option and used the default value of "5 second
pause to allow access to busybox" but it doesn't
pause anywhere, as far as I can tell.  Coreboot starts, LAB starts, LAB
kexecs the kernel/initrd on the SATA disk, and
then at that busybox prompt, I get no output when I issue "fdisk -l
/dev/sda".

Could you send me a tarball of your buildrom-devel?  Something must be
different in our config.  Also your lab.conf and
the kernel/initrd that is on your SATA disk, if that would ok.  I built
my own static kexec and xfer'd it to the SATA drive.

Multiple drives shouldn't make any difference -- if the controller can
see one drive, it can see them all (if it is actually
working properly).  My system may have 2 drives or 8, depending on its
function.  The one I'm currently experimenting
with has only 2 installed.

-Bijoy

(sorry again for top-posting, Outlook is acting differently over
VPN/rdesktop for some reason)