[coreboot] Convert Assembly JMP to C

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Sep 12 00:32:34 CEST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 00:19:11 +0200, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Joseph Smith wrote:
>> > I think you should just use SeaBIOS.
>> Nope. This will be a autoboot_mbr option of FILO. Here is how it
>> will work:
> So you're teaching FILO how to act like a BIOS.
> I will fight that patch hard. I'm afraid I think this design is
> completely misguided.
> Joseph Smith wrote:
>> Ah, Jordan you speak to soon. I have learn a way to setup a simple
>> real mode interrupt handler, capable of sending generic/dummy
> We generally want less of these, not more. Because they are needed
> for compatibility reasons the ideal scenario is to contain them in
> one single place. That place is SeaBIOS.
> If you want BIOS behavior, just use a BIOS.
Dam it Peter, I don't want to make FILO into a "BIOS". I would think by now
you would know better than that. I just want to make it boot like a
bootloader should. A bootloader should be able to boot a drive without
specifing PATHS. It should be able to read the drives info and boot to the
OS. No matter what OS it is.....

Joseph Smith