[coreboot] flashrom doesn't work on asus P5K-E wifi, ICH9-R

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Feb 5 02:27:03 CET 2009

Hi Jon,

blink at nm.ru wrote:
> Is it normal or am I doing something wrong?

I would say neither.

> addr-75:~/coreboot-v3/util/flashrom # ./flashrom -E
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "Intel ICH9R", enabling flash write... OK.
> Found chip "SST SST25VF016B" (2048 KB) at physical address 0xffe00000.
> Erasing flash chip... FAILED!
> ERROR at 0x00000000: Expected=0xff, Read=0x41

This is the best test right now. Writing doesn't work on your
platform for some reason. It would be helpful to see output from
flashrom -E -V

Possibly the BIOS has restricted flash chip access.

Also, which revision of flashrom is this? It seems a recent one, but
if you haven't already please run svn up to get the very latest
revision.

Thanks!

//Peter