[coreboot] slow load times

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Feb 19 05:40:44 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 08:42:04PM -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> >     for (MAX=0x4000, BDF=pci_next(0, &MAX)      \
>
> For my own use I can hard code something pretty easily.  The general
> case is much harder.

We can add a CONFIG_PCI_MAX_ROOT_BUS setting to SeaBIOS' config.h
file.

If we don't want to compile in a max, and it's not reasonable to
autodetect it, then I guess we could have coreboot pass in the max to
SeaBIOS via the coreboot table.

Finally, I suppose SeaBIOS could just scan all 256 buses.  (Does
anyone know if a bus is guaranteed to have a device 0?  If so, that
would speed the scan significantly.)

-Kevin