[coreboot] [patch] flashrom: resending my patch about SPI/LPC conflicts

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri Feb 20 18:45:09 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 06:35:11PM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Ward Vandewege wrote:
> > Thanks for this patch. It fixes flashrom on the asus m2a-vm -
> > without it flashrom just hangs indefinitely.
>
> It's not a very generic fix. It's basically a compile time decision
> whether to use SPI or LPC on SB600 chipsets.

I understand. It works around the hang for me.

> Is there no way we can detect what the system booted from?

Is that what should decide which rom to flash? Are there scenarios where that
would cause problems?

I suppose the 'easiest' way to fix this would be adding a command line option
that forces LPC/SPI?

Or, perhaps make the decision based on which board is detected? That brings
us back to the age-old problem of identifying boards based on PCI ids though.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator