[coreboot] Plugin support

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 18:14:40 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Could I get some feedback on what people want?  It's very low on my
>> priority list, but I'm willing to take ownership since I put it there.
>
> The busses and device types supported by a given mainboard should be
> defined in the mainboard Kconfig, just as the north and south and
> other parts are now. I just don't see a need to make this visible in
> make menuconfig.

My understanding of *_PLUGIN_SUPPORT is that you can buy a PCI card
that gives you a cardbus slot.  If you don't have the CARDBUS_SUPPORT
(not on the mainboard) you can't use it.  I think that's why someone
added CARDBUS_PLUGIN_SUPPORT, which could select CARDBUS_SUPPORT and
make it all work.

Thanks,
Myles