[coreboot] Interrupt confusion CK804 Tyan s2895

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:25:16 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>>
>> With Coreboot and ACPI the interrupt gets routed to IRQ 0, even though
>> I put 18 in the _PRT table.  X loads more quickly, but there are
>> obvious problems with text highlighting.
>

> This is OK, just the PCI line reg is not initialized. Its  used only when
> the routing of PCI is done via 8259. Check
> http://www.coreboot.org/ACPI_in_coreboot#acpi_fill_madt
>
> There is some pics which explains that.

Sorry to make you continually refer to the same place.  I thought I
understood...

>> In none of the three cases can I find the IRQ listed  in
>> /proc/interrupts.  I would have expected to see it there.
>
> It means that the driver is not using any interrupts Maybe you need to load
> the "nvidia" proprietary module.

I don't really care that it's not using the interrupt.  I was just
thinking that might be the problem since the factory BIOS uses IRQ 5
and Coreboot uses 18.  If interrupts aren't the problem, I wonder
what's causing it to fail.

Thanks,
Myles