[coreboot] Does the fam10 code work now? Patches for discuss.

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 23:51:38 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Bao, Zheng<Zheng.Bao at amd.com> wrote:
> amd_fam10_ht_sb_only.diff:
> I am not sure about this patch. Not sure to add signed-off-by line.
> Don't ack it before review it and say something.
>
> My board is Fam10 + 1 HT SouthBridge. It is close to dbm690t. So I
> set HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE as 0 and HT_CHAIN_END_UNITID_BASE as 1, even
> though I don't know well what they actually are. Base on currently fam10
> code, I have skip some code, otherwise the HT link can not be set up
> correctly. It is pretty like a workaround and my board can work in
> 1.8GHz (HT3). Doesn't the code in repository cover the mode of
> one HT processor + 1 HT SB device?

I assume that you are getting a failure since you skipped a section
and commented out a halt on error. What do you get for
AMD_CB_EventNotify?

You can get more information about bus numbering in the HTIOlink spec
and the device spec should have any requirements for bus numbering.
http://www.hypertransport.org/docs/tech/HTC20051222-0046-0008-Final-4-21-06.pdf

But, I assume that the device will work like the 690, so the setting
should be ok but compare with the vendor bios.

> amd_fam10_mct_am2_rough.diff:
> The original code was pretty weird. It definitely can not
> be build correctly. This patch is only about building error.
>
> The mctardk4 seems to be for AM2. Based on the code and this
> patch, the memory seems to work but is unstable and unbearably
> slow. I need to dig it more.
>
> Since I am confused about this, it is not a signed-off-by patch.

AM2 was never built, just ported for reference. There wasn't a product
at the time. I dontt know if the Bx table will work for Cx.  You will
need to work with Tim and the BIOS group to get the settings.

You might need to add a fam10 version of the socket similar to the
socket f in /src/cpu/amd.

Marc

--
http://marcjonesconsulting.com