[coreboot] [v2] r4245 - in trunk/coreboot-v2: src/mainboard/rca/rm4100 src/mainboard/thomson/ip1000 targets/rca/rm4100 targets/thomson/ip1000

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri May 1 18:04:44 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 4:50 AM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> wrote:

> Because, I have some people that use use these boxes in "headless mode" for
> LAMP servers, Asterisk servers, etc. So I want to keep all the vga stuff
> togethor and an "option" making their boot time as fast as possible. And I
> think it was Ron that once said that most options should always be set in
> targets Config.lb. Should I update the abuild Config.lb to reflect my
> normal Config.lb?

What's the normal usage?

If the most common usage is the headless stuff then it should default 0.

This is always a judgement call. One thing to note: if if has been 0,
and you change it 1, you are going to have to tell any users of
headless that they need to make  new target with this set to 0.

How will the unconditional inclusion of the vga.o (from the other
thread) affect headless users? It still seems to me that it would be
easy to say
if CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
        object vga.o
end