[coreboot] [v2] r4245 - in trunk/coreboot-v2: src/mainboard/rca/rm4100 src/mainboard/thomson/ip1000 targets/rca/rm4100 targets/thomson/ip1000

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri May 1 22:14:37 CEST 2009

> > How will the unconditional inclusion of the vga.o (from the other
> > thread) affect headless users? It still seems to me that it would be
> > easy to say
> > if CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
> >         object vga.o
> > end
> >
> Hmm, interesting.
> I was also thinking about making it a little more user friendly by
> wrapping
> all the vga options into one. Something like in mainboard Options.lb:

You have to be careful with #ifdef because our options are always defined.
You probably meant #if VGA == 1.

> #ifdef VGA_ENABLE /* or some other global define */
> default CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA = 1
> default CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN = 1
> default CONFIG_PCI_OPTION_ROM_RUN_VM86 = 1
> default CONFIG_VIDEO_MB = 8
> #else
> default CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA = 0
> default CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN = 0
> default CONFIG_PCI_OPTION_ROM_RUN_VM86 = 0
> default CONFIG_VIDEO_MB = 0
> #endif

I would think it would be easier to do something like:

default CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN = CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
default CONFIG_PCI_OPTION_ROM_RUN_VM86 = CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
default CONFIG_VIDEO_MB = CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA * 8 /* A little hackish. */

> An then all the user would have to do in targets Config.lb is:
>
> ## Enable VGA off=0(default) On=1
> option VGA_ENABLE = 1

option CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA = 1

Thanks,