[coreboot] cbfs XIP patch

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue May 5 17:40:26 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> How hard would that be?  I'd be happy to test on SimNOW and a Tyan board.

We would need to link normal such that its addressing is based on some
fixed address (let's just pick one: 80000000).
Then, at runtime, we copy the GDT to CAR data area, and parse the
'stage' header for normal and produce a GDT with an extra
code segment entry for normal that maps that physical normal code (the
code location in ROM) to its virtual address (stage->loadaddress).

That should work. It's a bit more complexity than simple XIP, but it's
very flexitble for future work.

ron