[coreboot] How to flash my bios on Sony Vaio VGN FZ21M Laptop

ahmet alper parker aaparker at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:05:10 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I want to replace my crappy bios with the coreboot. I looked at the
site and it states that my chipset is ok. Here is the flashrom output
on fedora 10.
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "Intel ICH8M", enabling flash write... OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.
If you know which flash chip you have, and if this version of flashrom
supports a similar flash chip, you can try to force read your chip. Run:
flashrom -f -r -c similar_supported_flash_chip filename

Note: flashrom can never write when the flash chip isn't found automatically.
I have a Sony Vaio Laptop Vgn-Fz21m. But I don't know what is it's
chip. What should I do? Any comment is wellcomed.

Best Regards