[coreboot] Veriton FP2

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Wed May 13 05:16:28 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 2009 20:54:38 +0200, Quentin RAMEAU <quinq.ml at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have got a Veriton FP2 (
> > http://www.acersupport.com/desktop/html/vfp2.html)
> > with a S511P motherboard, Intel 82815 northbridge and 82801BA
> southbridge.
> >
> > I can do tests on it (socketed plcc32 bios and serial port available)
> > I attach informations from system to this mail, I can give more if
> needed.
>
> Hello,
> Unfortunately the i815 northbridge is not supported YET. It is on my todo
> list. The good news is there are quite a few publicly available docs so It
> shouldn't be too difficult. I just don't have the time right now to do it.
> If you want, you can check the supported chipsets page periodically to see
> if it has been supported yet.
>
> http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Chipsets_and_Devices

It's also VERY similar to the i810, which is supported. IMO, the best place
to start would probably be with the i810 and i815 datasheets side-by-side,
find the differences, and modify i810 to fit. I have an i815 board here that
I've been meaning to poke at since last fall, but there's too little time in
the day. Maybe now that school's out I can get back to some of these
projects.

-Corey