[coreboot] [flashrom] report error on flashrom read

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri May 15 02:54:01 CEST 2009

On 15.05.2009 02:35, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 02:31:52AM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
>>> This was intentional because not everyone on the coreboot list is on the
>>> flashrom alias.
>> Which should be a public mailing list, or _this_ mailing list anyway.
>> This closed, non-public alias is totally counter-productive if you ask
>> me. If we want to separate that traffic from the coreboot list, fine,
>> make it a flashrom-reports mailing list, but either way it should be
>> public. We have nothing to hide.
> Time for a general flashrom mailing list to which the reports could go?

That means we need a moderator (against the spam) and we need to make
people aware that their e-mail address and all mail contents will be public.

I don't know of anyone who has enough time for moderation and can
guarantee low delays. After all, people may mail us if flashing failed,
hoping for assistance.