[coreboot] [flashrom] report error on flashrom read

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Fri May 15 14:58:27 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 02:54:01AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 15.05.2009 02:35, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> >
> > Time for a general flashrom mailing list to which the reports could go?
> >

> That means we need a moderator (against the spam) and we need to make

If only subscribed people are allowed to post, there is little work to
be done for real.

> people aware that their e-mail address and all mail contents will be public.

Isn't this a given anyway with most free software related mailing lists?

I am left wondering why this would be an issue at all?

> I don't know of anyone who has enough time for moderation and can
> guarantee low delays.

What is there that needs to be moderated? Just the non-subscribed posts
need to be cleared out from time to time. If you have an autoresponse to
tell people to subscribe and repost their valid questions, then even
that doesn't need to be a high frequency thing.

Again, why is this being brought up/worried about?

> After all, people may mail us if flashing failed,
> hoping for assistance.

s/may/will and should/

I don't think flashrom getting its own mailinglist is going to confuse
people (quite the contrary), or is going to create a shortlived
mailinglist, or is uselessly going to split up the flow of information
or is going to diffuse communication. I believe that the current state
and development pace of flashrom, and the massively growing and grown
userbase warrant a flashrom at coreboot.org. It all depends on how much
work this is to set up on coreboot.org.

Luc Verhaegen.