[coreboot] [flashrom] nic3com: address lines

Mats Erik Andersson mats.andersson at gisladisker.se
Sat May 23 18:19:30 CEST 2009

Hello all,

using a signal probe I can verify two facts:

1) 3c905B has address lines A0 -- A16 routed, but not A17.
   Thus 128 kB is the maximal capacity achievable.

2) 3c905 only routes the adress lines A0 -- A15, and therefore
   limits itself to only 64 kB. On the other hand, I have not
   succeeded in getting even read capabilities going in my
   own code (not your "flashrom").

As a side note, rtl8138C and via-rhine VT6102 are already
a priory bounded by 64 kB. Both are easily usable by straight
forward coding. In contrast, eepro100 seems to be usable
by ctflasher only due to their repeated probing. One time
probing, as in my efforts, have yet to prove successful.

Best regards

Mats Erik Andersson