[coreboot] Kconfig: convert dependency lists into HAVE_x properties

Patrick Georgi patrick.georgi at coresystems.de
Fri Aug 27 11:49:42 CEST 2010

Am 27.08.2010 11:32, schrieb Jens Rottmann:
> Patrick Georgi wrote:
>> 1. we started with HAVE_HIGH_TABLES default to no, to enable by the
>> boards that support it
>> 2. then moved to default to yes, to be disabled by the boards that
>> have issues with that (r5160)
>>
>> At some point, HAVE_HIGH_TABLES should be removed altogether. Maybe
>> that should be now.
>
> Converted mail into patch.
Thank You!

> if I understand you correctly, WRITE_HIGH_TABLES should always be enabled,
> except for 3 boards.  Is this patch what you had in mind?
I'd even go so far as to not introduce BUGGY_HIGH_TABLES, and have
whoever uses those boards finally fix it. Otherwise we'll keep this
kludge around for another year or two, and worst case, it starts to
spread when devs copy these boards to new developments.

> BTW: did you answer to my mail directly?  Because I saw your and many
> other responses only in the mailing list, but our mailserver admin
> denies anything getting lost.
I usually only post to the mailing list ("Reply to List"). I explicitely
added you this time.

Regards,
Patrick