[coreboot] mct_d fatal exit, Coreboot won't restart anymore.

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Wed Feb 10 09:29:43 CET 2010

Hi,

after almost 2 weeks coreboot working without a problem on my h8qme, it
froze and refused to restart complaining on the serial a "mct_d fatal
exit" Since my colleagues, here at the lab, were doing some sort of
memory messages traffic tests and it happens that sometimes the machines
involved in these tests just quite there job (even with factory BIOS) I
wasn't really concerned when they told me that the "coreboot machine"
stopped working but the weird thing is that it refused to start again
even after plugging out the cable and plugging it in after a few minutes
and even a night. It was still complaining of "mct_d fatal exit" so I
sorted out that it has something to do with memory initialization,
right? Thats a problem because I had to change the chip to vendor BIOS
booting and later switching again to coreboot. Now here is my question
is there some way to boot with coreboot every time like its the first
time? Would dumping everything in nvram help and if yes how do I manage
to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Knut Kujat.