[coreboot] GSoC 2010

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Mar 6 14:45:01 CET 2010

On 06.03.2010 10:03, Jason Wang wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
>> Flashrom used to have Windows port that I worked on back in 2007
>> (Winflashrom). I'm willing to help if any student want to port to
>> Windows 7. I'm not a student anymore ;-)
> i am thinking who about making flashrom can be used under windows?

I think Stefan Reinauer already ported flashrom to Windows 7, AFAIK
somewhat based on the original Windows port. Look here:
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/flashrom/2009-August/000239.html .
Darmawan, it would be cool if you could look at this as well. flashrom
now has a lot better abstraction than back when you did the original
Windows port, and merging Stefan's patch should be possible. It's been a
while, but I think DirectIO for Windows hasn't been released yet.

> does coreboot and flashrom will join gsoc 2010 as an union or else?

Yes, coreboot and flashrom will have one joint project for GSoC 2010.

"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."
-- Donald E. Knuth