[coreboot] FOSDEM devroom request

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sat Oct 16 23:20:45 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I also applied for main talk track. I think more people can do this.

Thanks,
Rudolf

We would like to present a talk aimed to very close look to various stages of
x86 hardware initialization. We start with hardware description of typical x86
system including flash storage. We switch to the software part, defining the CPU
state while it fetches first instruction. We present a step by step procedure
with a descriptions of various steps (DRAM initialization,
Northbridge/Southbridge initialization) necessary to bring the system to point
where it can boot OS. Luckily there are Free software projects working so close
to bare metal - Coreboot, SeaBIOS and Flashrom, which we would like to introduce
during the talk.