[coreboot] Coreboot supports intel baytrail processor?

Stojsavljevic, Zoran zoran.stojsavljevic at intel.com
Tue Oct 22 10:05:00 CEST 2013

Hello Mario,

Please, could you download INTEL public document: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/presentation/bldk-rapid-dev-presentation.pdf ?

There, on page 11 you can see what in nutshell BYT/any other FSP looks like: it is nothing more than SEC and PEI phases of EFI/UEFI BIOS (does initialization of the processor, chipset, memory - mrc). Tailored for the specific purposes. Coreboot comes on the top of this to initialize ACPI (PM), e1000 (net), VGA (video) etc. (more than outlined). And then passes control to its payload.

For BYT FSP you should go to your local INTEL Point of Contact, and request access to the restricted documents considering BYT FSP. I know that these are intensive INTEL activities to release Proof of Concept for BYT FSP with Coreboot. More I cannot reveal. All these you should ask your local INTEL representative. Policy of the company. Sorry...

Zoran
_______
Most of The Time you should be "intel inside" to be capable to think "out of the box".