[coreboot] Please advise: (new toolkit) crossgcc fails on ubuntu 32/64 bit fresh installs

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Sep 10 06:17:07 CEST 2013

Andrew Wu wrote:
> You can see util/crossgcc/Makefile :
>

> all: build
>
> build:
>     bash ./buildgcc -G -p i386-elf
>     bash ./buildgcc -G -p armv7a-eabi

IMNSHO this is a stupid problem seriously in need of an intelligent
solution.

I can not understand the rationale for defaulting to what is clearly
NOT the common case; i386 *and* armv7a.

This is not the first time that the above has caused problems, I can
not understand why this was introduced in the first place (it seems
pretty obvious that it will cause problems) and I can not understand
why it is *still* there even after multiple problem reports.

Is every single developer suffering from total tunnel vision? Come on.

//Peter