[coreboot] Coreboot Haswell Support

Stojsavljevic, Zoran zoran.stojsavljevic at intel.com
Tue Sep 17 09:36:49 CEST 2013

Hello Karl-Heinz,

I am not sure what is your scenario here. If you are attempting to bring HSW to grub, and then to Linux, Coreboot is not required, as far as you are using classical EFI BIOS or new UEFI BIOS (AMI, Phoenix, Insyde).

As my best understanding is, mrc.bin was released by Google in the best effort to support minimalistic approach (mrc.bin equivalent to x-loader) with Coreboot SNB (I guess, applies for IVB as well) support (Google did created mrc.bin with some internal INTEL group support). All these are now called Firmware Support Packages (FSPs), and they have locked IPs, sole property of INTEL. Please, read the following, widely available on INTEL external web site:
http://www.intel.com/fsp
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/training/intel-firmware-support-package-technical-training.pdf

I am not sure about HSW FSP roadmap, I think HSW FSP is officially not released yet.

Best Regards,
Zoran
_______
Most of The Time you should be "intel inside" to be capable to think "out of the box".