[coreboot] Intel native graphics init: Questions about GTT setup: Decode error on Lenovo X60

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 10 09:07:33 CEST 2014

Dear Ron,

Am Montag, den 09.06.2014, 20:18 -0700 schrieb ron minnich:
> Folks, do I correctly understand this regression is X60-only?

I only have confirmation on the Lenovo X60 [1]. I am not sure about the
Lenovo T60 and the Apple MacBook 2,1.

Unfortunately my requests for tests on other Intel hardware were not
heard yet.

> In that case, I suspect there will not be lots of interest in fixing
> it from the kernel side :-(

Well, luckily for us the Linux kernel has a no-regression policy. And
this is clearly a regression. Unfortunately the Lenovo X60 owners have
not bisected or reported this yet.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/Lenovo_x60x_vgainit_todos#No_video_at_all_even_after_kernel_boots