[coreboot] SeaBIOS wit USB3.0 hub and USB3.0 devide behind the hub

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Jan 13 18:23:10 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:30:23AM +0800, maypark01 at 163.com wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>
> Which debug level did you use to generate this much log info, i am
> using leve 7 but only a little when booting usb 2.0 driver using
> seabios 1.7.5 (git master).
>
> Actually i have ehci driver issue on my Mohon Peak crb (rangeley
> SoC), no usb device (including mass storage and keyboard/mouse) is
> working with seabios 1.7.5, even it successfully booted into LINUX
> on my SATA HDD, the usb devices still didn't work.
>
> but when i used seabios 1.7.0 (git stable), the log said this verion
> didn't support ehci 64bit, but after it booted into LINUX on my SATA
> HDD, the usb devices all worked well.

Once the machine boots into Linux, the SeaBIOS usb drivers have almost
no effect.  If the usb devices aren't working once Linux boots, you
should look at your hardware and hardware config - it's not likely to
be a SeaBIOS issue.

The messages within SeaBIOS are used to diagnose SeaBIOS' drivers that
SeaBIOS uses to boot an operating system.  If a USB device works under
Linux, but for some reason SeaBIOS can't boot from it, then you would
use the debugging information to diagnose it.

If you are having an issue with SeaBIOS, please set the debug level to
8, and then post the full log to the mailing list, as described at:

  http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS#Trouble_reporting

Also, please try to post in text only (not html) in the future.

-Kevin