[coreboot] SeaBIOS wit USB3.0 hub and USB3.0 devide behind the hub

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:36:41 CET 2015

Hi May,
   I just wanted to expand on your finding.  On Rangeley, the USB
buffers MUST be pushed low because the USB controller isn't allowed to
write into the 0xe0000 - 0xfffff area.  The processor is the only device
that can write to that area.  The restricted area might be larger - I
can't recall.  This restriction on Rangeley is the main reason that the
MALLOC_UPPERMEMORY option exists in SeaBIOS.  (Thanks Kevin.)

Martin