[coreboot] REACTS: Also upload failed logs to board status

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com
Tue May 5 23:22:33 CEST 2015

On 05/05/2015 12:26 AM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear coreboot folks,
>

> Am Montag, den 04.05.2015, 23:47 -0500 schrieb REACTS:
>
>> The QEMU x86_64 Q35 fails verification as of commit 8ccdeaeb207031eea3881511acfaf3e949678f74
>>
>> The following tests failed:
>> CBMEM_TIMESTAMP_ACCESS_FAILURE
>> CBMEM_OBJECT_TABLE_TRUNCATED
>>
>> Commits since last successful test:
>
> […]
>
> as this test run still booted to GNU/Linux, files could still be
> uploaded to the board status repository. As the name of the board status
> repository is not “good board status” repository, I suggest that failing
> logs are still uploaded with the tag *[failed]* in the commit summary
> and the failing tests (basically the email message) in the commit
> message body.
>
> In each board directory, a separate directory `failed` could be added or
> `failed` be added to the directory name of the commit.
>
> A separate branch could also be thought of.
>
> The Wiki scripts [1] would probably need to be updated to ignore the
> failed entries.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Before enabling anything like that a failed flag is an absolute must.
The addition of such a flag would change the board-status repository
from its current function (reporting known good boards only) to a much
more useful repository of actual board status for specific timestamps.

If/when the board-status utility is modified to add a --failed option or
similar let me know and I will enable reporting of failed tests to the
board-status repository.

Thanks!

--
Timothy Pearson