[SerialICE] Endless looping through SMBus functions

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:49:26 CEST 2011

Working on an Atom D500/NM10 system, trying to get some info on memory
init. Everything seems to go alright up to when it starts pulling SPD
data from the SMBus, but for some reason, the stock BIOS performs an
SMBus read at 0x60, checks and sees that the read completed
successfully, clears the success bit, and then, without reading the
data, tries 0x64, and does the same thing. It then moves on to 0x9c,
0xd3, and 0xd2. I've attached a log file, don't mind my notes. Any
ideas what might be causing this, and how to work around it?

Thanks,
Corey