For the entries marked as WIP, please see below.
|CPU works||OK||AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+|
|L1 cache enabled||Unknown|
|L2 cache enabled||Unknown|
|L3 cache enabled||Unknown|
|Multiple CPU support||N/A|
|Multi-core support||OK||AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+: htop and /proc/cpuinfo|
|Dual channel support||Unknown|
|On-board IDE 3.5"||OK||checked with a CD-ROM drive|
|On-board IDE 2.5"||N/A|
|On-board USB||OK||only checked two ports so far, for mouse and keyboard.|
|On-board Audio||WIP||Front works, Surround doesn't|
|On-board Smartcard reader||N/A|
|On-board SD card reader||N/A|
|ISA add-on cards||N/A|
|Audio/Modem-Riser (AMR/CNR) cards||N/A|
|PCI add-on cards||OK|
|Mini-PCI add-on cards||N/A|
|Mini-PCI-Express add-on cards||Unknown|
|PCI-X add-on cards||N/A|
|AGP graphics cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x1 add-on cards||OK|
|PCI Express x2 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x4 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x8 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x16 add-on cards||Unknown|
|PCI Express x32 add-on cards||N/A|
|HTX add-on cards||N/A|
|Legacy / Super I/O|
|Serial port 1 (COM1)||Unknown|
|Serial port 2 (COM2)||N/A|
|Sensors / fan control||Unknown|
|CPU frequency scaling||Unknown|
|Other powersaving features||Unknown|
|High precision event timers (HPET)||Unknown|
|Random number generator (RNG)||N/A|
|Wake on modem ring||Unknown|
|Wake on LAN||Unknown|
|Wake on keyboard||Unknown|
|Wake on mouse||Unknown|
- Using 2 512 MB DIMMs I got 756 MB of usable RAM (as opposed to 881 with the vendor BIOS).
- With only 1 512 MB DIMM the system wouldn't boot.
- With my 4 DIMMS from 3 vendors (2x A, 1x B, 1x C) I get the following boot chances. These might be related to another issue and not to the port of this board.
- Sometimes the link seems slow. It doesn't happen every boot. If it happens, SeaBios needs a long time to load grub. Also, the devicenodes in /dev are not in the right order according to the ports on the board. There are also the following messages during boot:
ata2: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0) ata2: COMRESET failed (errno=-16) ata2: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0) ata2: COMRESET failed (errno=-16) ata2: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0) ata2: COMRESET failed (errno=-16) ata2: limiting SATA link speed to 1.5 Gbps ata2: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0) ata2: COMRESET failed (errno=-16)
- Apart from the slowness all 5 ports seemed to work.
- If the above error didn't occur all 5 ports seemed to work flawlessly.
- It seems this error only occurs for the first time after a BIOS switch. With the proposed patches (fix and cleanup from 10/08/16) even the vendor bios triggers a kernel panic upon first boot after coreboot was loaded. Something about IRQ issues.
- With the newest patch (at least) I get these messages on serial console during boot
drive detection not yet completed, waiting... 0x6=b0, 0x7=80 drive detection selected after 540 ms, retrying 0 ms Primary Slave device is rstatus = 23 0x6=a0, 0x7=80 drinot yet completed, waiting... 0x6=a0, 0x7=80 drive detection not yet completed, waiting... 0x6=a0, 0x7=80 [snip]
- In regard to the vendor BIOS the output numbers were switched. DVI-0 (vendor BIOS) was named HDMI-0 using coreboot.
- Both VGA and DVI output worked.
PCI-E graphics adapter
- Wouldn't work. With both plugged in and CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA_ONBOARD_AT_FIRST not set there was no video output. I had the vgabios for the onboard adapter still inside the coreboot.rom however.
Keyboard in Grub
- The (USB) keyboard in Grub doesn't respond correctly. Every keypress triggers multiple actions.
- Linux 184.108.40.206 wouldn't boot. It would start, then the screens were going blank and the machine hung.