problem with rom

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue May 6 16:33:01 CEST 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Steve Gehlbach wrote:

> The beep error can be cured by adding "option CONFIG_BEEP=1" in the
> config file.  I assume this was needed since beep.c is x86 specific
> code.  At the time I added beep.c, I thought everything in src/pc80 was
> x86 specific. (yes no ??)

it was intended to be, but so many systems use pc80-style hardware (power
pc, alpha, etc.) that pc80 is now included in other platforms. Too bad.

> However, since beep is only used in the video console to my knowledge,
> it might be better to change it to "object beep.o VIDEO_CONSOLE" unless

I will do it this way. Makes much more sense. Changed and commit'ed --
please try it out. We're getting close to freezing freebios1, and I'd like
to see if we can get as many platforms buildable as possible.

ron