EPIA VGA patch

SONE Takeshi ts1 at cma.co.jp
Thu May 15 02:43:00 CEST 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:05:10AM -0400, Adam Sulmicki wrote:
> > adlo-epia.patch
> >     This is for ADLO.
> >     Since it includes changes specific to EPIA, it should not (entirely)
> >     go into CVS.
> >     Note that this includes serial debug patch by hcyun, and EPIA
> >     doesn't work without it. Perhaps a timing problem?
>
> standalone patch with stuff specific to EPIA probably would be better.

My patch is all about trivial stuff to build correctly for EPIA.
Doesn't ADLO need a generic configuration mechanism?
In current form, everything is hardcoded, so patches like mine are
hard to get in.
It is enough to have a simplest configuration mechanism,
like Makefile includes that specify which video BIOS to use,
which shadow ON/OFF code to include, etc.

> as for timing isuses you may want to play with ide driver.

It hangs before hitting IDE code. Video is not initialized.

--
Takeshi