[LinuxBIOS] any chance to get X fbdev driver to work ?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 20:51:57 CET 2005

On 12/29/05, Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> wrote:
> I can't believe it.
>
> It works :D

And there was much rejoicing.

> Many thanks for your help.

No prob.  I'm just glad we were able to make it work.

Now we need to document all this.  Can you list all of the problems
you had (so far) and what their solutions were.  Then I'll edit it and
get it up on the wiki.

Also I think we need to create a new mainboard for this setup with all
your mods.  You have had 2 seperate cases where a device difference
caused you some trouble.

Please create a new mainboard directory and a new target with your
working setup and submit the diff for inclusion back into the tree.

Still un-answered is _what_ was trashing parts of the 0x0c0000 area.
We have fixed the symptom but not the cause.

I wonder is this a global via epia problem?

It would be helpfull if the rest of the via epia users would comment
out the write protect and see if they see the same thing happen.

--
Richard A. Smith