[LinuxBIOS] Is VGABIOS_START still used?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri May 12 18:51:29 CEST 2006

On 5/12/06, scott <scott at waye.co.uk> wrote:
> http://www.linuxbios.org/data/lbdoc/lb-5.html
>
> On this page about the EPIA-M it mentions setting VGABIOS_START, so I
> tried to do that in my Config.lb, but I get this:
>
> Will place Makefile, crt0.S, etc. in via/epia-m/epia-m
> ===> ERROR: Attempt to set nonexistent option VGABIOS_START (missing USES?)
> via/epia-m/Config.lb:0

The via epia video stuff dosen't work with the emulator.  So it was
reverted back to the orginal V1 method of dropping back to 16-bit real
mode and jumping to the bios by Nick Barker.  Its all done in the
motherboard specific files so as to not complicated the biosemu suff.

So all the docs in the wiki may not match reality for the epia VGA.

I've not looked at the code so I can't help you much.  Please read
HOWTO/EPIA-M-howto and see if it answers your questions.  Otherwise
you will just have to look at the source code.

Sorry.

INITINCLUDE, INITOBJECT, LDSCRIPT, MAINBOARDINIT, MAKEDEFINE, MAKERULE,
OBJECT, CHIP, REGISTER, DEVICE on line 7:
 >  uses VGABIOS_START
 >  ^
List of nearby tokens:

The 'uses' lines have to go in the 'Options.lb' file in the mainboard
directory not in the target config.

--
Richard A. Smith