[coreboot] Recent AMD chipsets

Niels Ole Salscheider niels_ole at salscheider-online.de
Sat Jun 21 17:52:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

are there any plans to port coreboot to a recent AMD chipset like 780G /
SB700? I would like to see coreboot running on the ASUS M3A-H/HDMI.

I am not very experienced in low-level programming but I am willing to learn
and to spend some time to port coreboot to that chipset.
How far is the progress of coreboot v3? Is it a good idea to use that version
or is it better to use coreboot v2 and port it to v3 as soon as it is stable?

The flash chip on the ASUS M3A-H/HDMI is a SPI chip like the one that can be
found on the GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4. There is a second unused position, too.
Are there any limitations on the chips that can be used or can I use any of
the supported spi chips (like the MX25L3205)?

Kind regards

Ole